Users Code of Conduct
We want an open, positive and welcoming environment.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language.
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism.
- Focusing on what is best for the community.
- Showing empathy towards other community members.
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Post links to download sites where others could download illegal ROMs.
- Cheating: All cheats are disallowed unless it's specified in the achievement's description or comments in the achievement's page. Even ingame cheats, those that already exists on the original console, are considered cheating if not specified. Accounts that are proven to be cheating will be setted to "Untracked".
- Attempting to intentionally disrupt the stability of the community: Inciting witch-hunts,
bandwagoning, or "site drama", where such arguments and disagreements should be handled in private.
- Excessive trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks.
- The use of sexualized imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances.
- Public or private harassment.
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission.
Admins have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, achievements, badges, forum posts, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any participant for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful. When the inappropriate behavior is not very clear, the admins will discuss among themselves what action should be taken.
Admins who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the project's leadership.
Instances of abusive, harassing, cheating or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the RetroAchievements admins team at Discord Server and sending a Direct Message to an active admin (Users with red names). You can also contact all active admins by sending a Private Message to the RAdmin user in the official website.
Complaints will be reviewed, investigated and responded to as fitting to the circumstances.